Sunday, July 3, 2011

Listmania

Payton and I during my visit to Mayfield. She thinks her Uncle Missy is very entertaining. 


Hi. I’ve been busy.

I have some feet pictures to upload, but I’m currently visiting my in-laws in Louisville and I forgot the cord to my camera.

What have I been up to? So glad you asked.
  1. Master’s classes - I took about two weeks and did literally nothing but write papers and lesson plans for the two classes I’m taking this summer. I was given all of the assignments for the entire summer, so I decided I would rather get them all done at once and not have it hanging over my head each week. I finished one class already, and have only one paper to go in the other.
  2. Hanging out with friends - My friend Hannah moved to Chattanooga last week, so I spent a lot of time with her before they left town. I enjoy the freedom of summer; if a friend wants to get a drink at 10:00pm, I can do it without having to think about how tired I’ll be at school the next day. I’ve been doing a lot of spontaneous lunch/dinner/drink dates. It’s good to catch up with everyone.
  3. Cleaning my house - I have two cats. They have fur. You see where this is heading.
  4. Visiting family - I was in Mayfield last week to see friends and family, and I’m currently in Louisville. Mayfield was fun; I was able to see just about everyone in only one visit, which doesn’t often happen. The visit included food, drinks by the pool, blueberry picking with my friends, and time with my family.
  5. Baking - I recently discovered an excellent cooking blog called "How Sweet It Is". I’ve been baking with some of her recipes. You can check it out here.
Events on the agenda for the rest of the summer:
  1. Various medical appointments - I like to get these things out of the way during the summer so I don’t have to worry about them during the school year.
  2. Visit to Houston - I gotta see my girl Liz.
  3. Solitude retreat - This is just a possibility. I really want to do it, but feel like I’m running out of time. I have quite a bit on my mind and would love some quiet time in the woods to read, write, and pray. I hope to visit Mary the Font Solitude toward the end of the month.
  4. A brief trip to Chattanooga - I think my friend Jonathan and I might go to see our friends Hannah and Adam. Perhaps.
  5. Moving - God willing. I have a suspicion that this won’t actually happen until school starts. And likely on the hottest day of the year.
  6. Seeing some movies - Bad Teacher, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, The Help, and Larry Crowne are on the list.
And at some point I need to figure out how I’m going to teach my school newspaper class. Meh.

2 comments:

  1. Solitude retreat = brilliant. School newspaper...just think of it as a blog you get to share via adolescent perspective which equals serious chaos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious chaos = good press, right? I mean, this is every presidential election if I'm not mistaken. :)

    Also, as long as we're doing equations you should know that Larry Crowne = date with Kara. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete